Danish Canadian Club of Southern Ontario
Get in touch
If you are interested, please contact Lisa Olsen, Sunset Villa President for more information.
Phone: 416-278-4817 or email: email@example.com
Join our Board of Directors!
Sunset Villa is seeking passionate leaders to help create the future of Sunset Villa and serve on the Board of Directors to be elected in April, 2019.
If Sunset Villa is important to you and your family, here is an opportunity to help our community grow and thrive.
Join the Sunset Villa Board of Directors
Who we are
- The Board of Directors manages the daily operations and long-term planning for the Association, on behalf of our members.
- Sunset Villa Association is a non-profit, 100% Volunteer-run Association established in 1950 by a group of Danish immigrants to Southern Ontario. Over the last 68 years, Sunset Villa has grown, through the vision, hard work and dedication of countless volunteers.
- The good news is that in 2018 we have a growing membership - almost 500 memberships, with 80 new Memberships this year. The Danish Place Restaurant is under new, enthusiastic management and bringing in growing their clientele along with our membership.
Our goals are:
- To provide a place to enjoy Danish heritage and hygge in Southern Ontario for generations to come. We welcome those of Danish descent and anyone interested in Danish culture, foods, and community.
- To provide low-cost apartments for eligible Danes and Members.
Our immediate challenges are to:
- Increase membership and interest in Sunset Villa and our activities.
- Create long-term plans for the economic and cultural future of Sunset Villa.
- Put in place the organizational structures needed for a modern non-profit operation.
Board of Directors
The Board is a nine member Board consisting of 8 Directors, a President elected by the Members, and a Past President.
- Directors are elected for 2-year terms at the Annual General membership Meeting held in April every year.
- For continuity, we aim to overlap terms so either 4 or 5 directors are elected each year.
- We also establish Committees for shorter-term initiatives, as needed. Committees consist of Directors and interested Members.
- Lead one or more portfolio. (Portfolio info below.)
- Time commitment - varies by portfolio, but approximately 10 to 20 hours per month.
- Monthly Board meetings - 2 to 3 hours length on Friday evenings in the Spring/Summer switching to Saturday mornings in the Fall/Winter.
- Actively contribute to Board discussions and decisions.
Who we are looking for
We are interested in engaged, conscientious, and active volunteers with skills in these areas:
- Building maintenance
- Water and sewage systems
- Digital Marketing (website, email, social media)
- Administration skills - Minute taking, file management
- Event management
- Qualifications - Member of Sunset Villa Association and at least 18 years of age.