Danish Canadian Club of Southern Ontario
Please renew your 2019 Membership in advance to help start the meeting on time.
Call for Board of Directors nominations
- The Board of Sunset Villa Association consists of 9 directors, elected by Sunset Villa Association Members. The past president is a non-voting member of the Board.
- This year, we will elect four (4) positions to replace retiring Directors.
- If the future of Sunset Villa is important to you and your family, please consider joining the Board as a Director or Committee Member. Learn more about Joining the Board.
- If you can't attend in person, you can still participate by completing a Proxy form below.
*Open documents below with 2018 Member password.
Agenda - 2 p.m. Start
See document below for detailed Agenda. There will be a break with Danish pastries plus chances for attendees to win door prizes.
This year we are trying to upgrade the AGM format with a more professional approach.
- A Facilitator will chair part of the meeting. Our bylaws and Roberts Rules allow for the use of a Facilitator.
- Proposed By-law amendments to update our bylaws for the digital world we live in. [See detailed Proposed By-law changes below]
- Proposed changes: To allow electronic proxies, meeting attendance, meeting notices (via email and website) and online voting using secure, authenticated processes.
- These proposed changes will NOT replace paper mailings nor do they replace a live annual meeting.
- Reasons for proposed changes: Save Printing/postage costs, Increase participation and representation of Members unable to attend in person and make it easier to achieve a quorum at meetings.
- We have implemented a new Code of Conduct. This is a standard practice for all organizations and will be in effect at the AGM. Click here for the full Code on the Members page or pick up a copy at the Gift Shop.
- Election of 4 Directors to the 9-Member Board of Directors and 2 Financial Reviewers.
- Please submit questions in advance to allow for thoughtful responses.
Annual General Meeting
When: April 28, 2019
1:30 to 2 p.m. - Registration [2019 Membership required to enter]
2 p.m. - Call to order - meeting starts
Where: Duff's Church (same place as 2018 AGM)
319 Brock Rd. S., Guelph, ON N1H 6H9
(just north of the 401 at Exit 299)
All Members were mailed the following documents in early April.
2019 Annual General Meeting (AGM)